07 May 2012

Summer Sheer Lip Colors: Revlon Lip Butter Creamsicle, Covergirl Lipslick Princess, Maybelline Raspberry Ice review, photos, swatches

Hellooo!!! I'm so sorry I have been naughty with updates recently but I have a very good post today. During winter, we usually pile on more makeup since the weather is so grey and dull. In the summer though, with the sunscreen, oil, and sweat we take it easier with the makeup. Today, I'm showing three of my favourite sheer lip colors perfect for summer, read on!

Revlon Lip Butters are the new darlings of the Beauty Blogosphere. For those who are unfamiliar as to why these are so popular, they're luxurious feeling balm-lipstick hybrids with great texture, consistency, and color payoff and to top it off they are priced fairly and packaged beautifully. The color I'm most in love with is Creamsicle, which in the tube is a peachy-nude.
As you can see from the above picture, the stick looks like a tube of candy! It looks translucent and juicy and really appeals to the girliness in us all. It has a lot of slip when swiped across the lips and moisturizes a moderate amount, less than a lip balm but more than your average lipstick. One swipe gives you medium coverage, and it is the most heavy of the three lippies in this post. Another swipe gives me close to full coverage on my medium pigmented lips. It lasts on average 2-3 hours on me with food and drink. It really is a no frills summer lip color you can throw in your purse and swipe on without a mirror on the beach or something. Plus, these are unscented.
Negatives: The 'butter' is so soft it melts at slight warm temperatures, such as my room. When I was taking pictures I accidentally bent the stick and now some of the product scraps off onto the metal tube whenever it twists up and down.

Covergirl Lipslicks are the original 'lip butters' of drugstore lip products. They are marketed as a gloss in stick form, because when you swipe these sheer colors on they are a bit shiny. Just like the Revlon lip butters, these are very emollient and moisturizing. Unlike the lip butters though, color payoff is very sheer and will give a tint of color, so whichever shade you pick won't matter much (unless it's a darker color). The shade I have is Princess and it is a neutral pink that leans warm with a bit of a sheen that works to give the gloss look.
These are priced cheaper than Revlon Lip Butters and can be bought in drugstores, online drugstores, and Amazon.
Negatives: The packaging looks and feels very plastic-y and cheap, and the cap can get very loose or crack as mine has. It has a very chemically induced floral plus that telltale 'lipstick scent'.

The last product is sadly a limited edition product (which I usually won't feature) from Maybelline that came out in Summer of 2011. These caught my eye immediately in stores because of the bright translucent candy colored tubes and the name in their entirely Maybelline ColorSensational Shine Stick Lipsticks, the one shown here in Raspberry Ice. They really did a great job of naming this product. They are sheer, glossy tubes of lip color that are harder than both of the previous products mentioned. It really does look like a popsicle of some kind. The colors differ in the tube but on the lips I do not feel there is a noticeable difference.
Looks delicious, right? Doesn't it remind you of those lipstick packaged candies back in the 90's ^_^? Smell wise, the scent is pleasant and has a fruity tart smell which is a refreshing break from the usual sweet floral scents out there. It swipes on smooth, sheer and glossy and I feel it actually works as one of those color-adjusting lipsticks according to the pigments already in our lips. For me, it is a tinted berry color. This is also the most long-lasting product of the ones I featured, both on the lips and in the tube.
Negatives: None other than that it is limited edition. It can be found on Amazon for $3.47USD.
Swatches from left-right: Covergirl, Maybelline, Revlon

Do you have any go-to summer lip products? Please share with me I'd love to try it.

On a last note, due to recent events, I just want to tell all the females out there that just because someone else is beautiful/sexy/pretty/smart/[insert positive trait]...doesn't mean you're any less of it. Stay beautiful inside and out <3

I have a backlog of posts right now (including my haul and review from the Shiseido Warehouse Sale) so I will work hard to get it out in the next few days!

PS. If you liked/found the post helpful please react (or comment) at the bottom of this post. I would really appreciate it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...