24 April 2012

Nars Lipstick in Catfight: Review, Swatches, Photos

One day as I was finishing up a taupe-y eye look, I realized I didn't really have exactly what I needed to achieve the full look I wanted to achieve. A red or pink lip would be okay, nude definitely not, but what I really needed and realized I was missing was a demure dusty rose-plum. 

When I first tried it on, the lipstick was dryer than anything I've ever used!!! After a bit of warming up I realized it was partly due to the brisky weather in Toronto that night. However, it is definitely dryer in formula than other Nars lipsticks so if your lips are not moisturized properly it will be next to impossible for this to look good. I love the dry formula though because it gives just the right amount of matte-ness for the finish and makes lips have a subtle, sophisticated sheen.
It looks bright in the tube but shows as a very wear-able and work friendly plum. I'd say this is a good starter lipstick for those getting into the 'purples'. 
Here's a swatch taken in flash indoors. The colour is more deep and less orange. It will look completely different on your lips than in this swatch. The payoff is sheer-medium, and I can see noticeable colour on the first swipe. The good thing about the dryer matte formula is that this will stay up to 3 hours on me. 
Here's a comparison of the size of the lipstick compared to a MAC. The tiny size caught me by surprise, though it is very light and portable for those who hate clunky packaging. 
This retails at Sephora for CAD$30. 
All in all...I really LOVE love love this lipstick and have been wearing in every day no matter what eye makeup I have on. It really goes well with any colour or even no makeup days and is an excellent wear-able plum colour. I'm curious to know how this wears on more tanned skintones so please share if you also have this :)

In other news!!! You guys might have noticed changes to the layout. My aim is for it to be less cluttered and more spaced out than before. As well, the pictures are clearer yay! Thanks for reading and visiting ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...