27 April 2012

My HG Loose Powder: Palgantong Powder Clear White Review, Photos

Before I started using loose powder, no matter what foundation I used would run and smear off by mid-day. I then started using powder, and it has made a HUGE difference in the way my base looks. My makeup looks translucent and has a 'finished' quality than with just foundation alone and it prolongs the wear of my foundation too.
However, the powder itself is important and today I am reviewing my HG loose powder (my HG pressed powder will be coming soon!) and that is my used and abused Palgantong Make-Up Theatrical Powder in Clear White. Palgantong means "red box" in korean and their extensive line of powders have been frequently used in the Korean newscast and entertainment businesses to powder an actress' face for the camera. Although they don't say their powder has 'HD' qualities (like MUFE HD Powder), it gives the face a slight brightening effect that is especially pretty on film!


The colour I am reviewing is called Clear White, but it also comes in Light Beige and Original Beige and in 10 or 25g tubs, with or without SPF.

It looks a lot like corn starch here but I assure you the effect it gives will not be the same as corn starch… It is finely milled and so light. The powder is not too dry and also not too 'wet'. I don't like 'wet' feeling powders as I feel it gets dewy really fast and defeats the purpose of a powder for me.
I only poked through a few of the holes of the sticker that covers the little tiny openings. I then apply using the powder puff and press it lightly first over my chin, then the remaining on my cheeks. Some more onto my nose and then the remaining onto my forehead, as my chin and nose get oilier faster than other areas.
This sells for Y798 in Japan which converts to around $9.7CAD. Sasa sells Palgantong Powder for $9.7CAD as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...