06 April 2012

Nars Gaiety: Review, swatches, comparisons


Nars Gaiety was newly released Spring 2012, and is a cool-toned candy pink. I think it complements their current line of blushes well as most of the pinks and other colours definitely lean warmer, and they tend to turn ruddy on my skin tone as the day progresses…




It has very small particles of glitter distributed throughout which I can see under fluorescent lighting and direct sunlight which creates a sheen, and it is definitely not as gritty as New Order, which many of us with noticeable pores will appreciate!

Consistent with other Nars blushes, the powder is finely milled and soft to the touch. When I swatch this on my arm it shows as a light pink with a 'whitish' sheen in certain angles (which I think can be attributed to the small amount of light reflecting sparkles).

Before I bought this, I wondered if it would be too similar to Nars Desire, which was suggested to me by a Sephora SA when I told her I wanted a dolly pink.
Left - Gaiety, Right - Desire

Sunlight: Left - Gaiety, Right - Desire
Indoors lighting: Left - Gaiety, Right - Desire

 Desire is definitely way warmer in undertones so it is one of those blushes that can turn ruddy on me. I still love it though as it gives more of a dramatic look which I want in the F/W seasons. I have to apply Desire with a fan brush, a lot of blowing and dusting, and a very light hand for it to not turn clownish on me!

Gaiety though is for those that want a light innocent pink flush, that leans almost almost to lavender/lilac. I can actually apply this with a blush brush and not overdo it. I think it's a great buy and an unique product in the North American market (Shu Uemura blushes are probably comparable). I can't wait to see how this blush compares to Mac Full of Joy!

Update: I've reviewed MAC Full of Joy, and it can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...