04 May 2012

Shiseido Anessa Mild Sunscreen: Review, Photo, Swatches

Hi all! It's a beautiful day in Toronto for once in between all this rain and as the weather warms up I'm sure a lot of us are looking for our summer sunscreens! Today I'll be reviewing Shiseido Anessa Mild Suncreen which is Asia exclusive.

The Anessa line, in addition to 'Mild', also has 'Perfect UV', 'Perfect Essence', 'Whitening', and 'Shimmery', which as you guessed are all suited for different purposes and have different finishes. They are all however fantastic sunscreens!!!

This specific formulation is SPF 46 (blocks ~97.5% of UVB rays) and is recommended for daily city use (as in driving in car, commuting, walking around in the city, going for dates...) but the best thing is that it protects against both UVB (so no sunburn!) AND UVA (which greatly reduces long term harm!). I know freckles and remaining fair is a big concern for some girls, but no one wants wrinkles, age spots, nor skin cancer down the road and this is where this broad spectrum protection is important. Many sunscreens are still only protecting against UVB rays and this is not enough! As for the PA+++, it is a rating system used to denote protection from UVA rays that ranges from PA+, PA++, and PA+++.
This can be used under or over makeup, and my preferred method of use has always been after moisturizer and before makeup base/BB cream/foundation. It is tinged light yellow so it helps to brighten your skin-tone and feels powdery and smooth after. There is no scent (thumbs up because I can't imagine how my face smells after layers of products all with different scents) and it is waterproof.

This sells on many online retailers that stock Asian products online (see my links page for some) but I think the cheapest place to get it would be Sasa which sells it currently for CAD$40.
All in all this is my favourite sunscreen for everyday use. I feel sunscreens are usually pretty harsh to my sensitive skin but this one makes it feel comforted. I love that not only can I use this as a makeup base it performs WELL as one too.

Stay tuned for more Shiseido sunscreen reviews! Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...