09 July 2012

Prettia Bubble Dye in Natural Ash (New Packaging): Before and After

It's really been years since I last dyed my hair. It was in high school and I remember using the L'oreal one with highlights in Mahogany Brown. It turned out very uneven, brassy, and orange. I shudder to this day thinking about that experience. Of course, it turned me off my dying my hair forever, or so I thought.

It has been many years since that incident and I've done everything from bangs to perms, what else could I do with my boring hair that I'm trying to grow out?

I went and picked up a box of Prettia hair dye in the new packaging for $17CAD. I really loved it. The colour was so even and my hair didn't feel extremely damaged after. I really take a lot of effort in keeping my hair as healthy as possible. When I was in the shower, I did feel my hair felt rougher and thicker, but definitely not straw-like. So I skipped the shampoo and slapped on loads of Tsubaki treatment. After I used half of the provided leave-in conditioner, which smells soo girly and nice and works well to keep my hair soft and smooth. When a lot of people say this particular hair dry made their hair feel healthier, it's probably the leave-in conditioner working its' magic. I wonder if Liese can sell it separately?

Before, with half my head in sunlight and other half indoor light. Virgin black hair. Many hairstylists have told me I have warm undertones to my hair (reddish, warm yellow) so I opted for an ash colour to prevent brassiness.
After. I'm not sure if the colour is like the box, I threw the box away and can't remember. I'm sure it is warmer than what's supposed to be because of the natural super warm undertones of my hair.
Here's a picture in a different lighting in daylight after 2 washes. It looks yellowy and cooler.

I didn't get a lot of bubbles once I rubbed it into my hair but kept massaging everywhere, I think that's key. It was hard to avoid tangles though. Overall, Prettia has given me courage to dye my hair again in the future ~~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing ^^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...